Online Shopping MRFISHO

Bellarine Reports

General Fishing Reports for Port Phillip Bay
stormin

Re: Bellarine Reports

Postby stormin Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Went out off queenscliff yesterday,got a 7 large squid and 10 whitting.
There was an unbelievable amount of boats the the ramp and out on the water....I stayed away from the crowds.
All whiting caught on fresh squid and squid on size 3 natural colours.

fishane

Postby fishane Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:55 pm

I was out off Queenscliff early on Sunday morning as well, in the ivory Hobie PA kayak. I managed to get 6 squid 20-35cm in 90 minutes of trolling around between the Pilot jetty and Bell reef. Near the end I had a squid that I would estimate to be easily 55+cm attack my silver whiting directly under me in 2.7 metres. Unfortunately it avoided the prongs turned the spike so it caught on the line facing backwards and then let go of the whiting on the third attempt when it was halfway up. :twisted:

I've been a bit haunted by that squid since Sunday. So this morning I headed down again for a short morning session in the blustery conditions. I didn't spot that big squid again but managed my bag with only two under thirty, one 40cm and the biggest at 47cm. :)

Choppers

Postby Choppers Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Nice revenge Shane ;)
Cracker bag

stormin

Postby stormin Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Went out off queenscliff today with a mate and bagged out on squid,are some big squid out there ATM !

Kolomanski

Re: Starfish

Postby Kolomanski Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

Went out on Wednesday for the first fish of the season and anchored up in Steam Packet Channel after a snapper or two. Only managed a few small flathead but pulled up a good few starfish that had wrapped around the lower bait. They were covered in sharp bristles. i hope that this is not common place. The water temperature was 13.2 Degrees C according to my sounder, which is too cold for snapper to get on the bite. Hopefully it will warm up after the long weekend.

Kolomanski

Re: Squid

Postby Kolomanski Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Went off St. Leonard's on Friday afternoon. Great evening weather wise until the lightening came and I went in. Caught a few squid and flathead in Coles Channel.Water temp on sounder was 15.3 Celsius. Still a bit cold for good snapper fishing.

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Went off St. Leonard's on Friday afternoon. Great evening weather wise until the lightening came and I went in. Caught a few squid and flathead in Coles Channel.Water temp on sounder was 15.3 Celsius. Still a bit cold for good snapper fishing.
I got a 50cm flathead in the Coles channel last Sunday. how many flathead did u get we got a few from there Sunday and squid

orangeplatties

Postby orangeplatties Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:55 pm

can someone help please.

when fishing for squid in the point Lonsdale to queenscliff bite area what is the correct tide chart to use.

Also is the best time 1 hour either side of the tide change.

thanks

Kolomanski

Postby Kolomanski Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:55 am

I got a 50cm flathead in the Coles channel last Sunday. how many flathead did u get we got a few from there Sunday and squid
Only got a couple, one good size maybe 45 cm and one 30 cm. I wasn't there long as the lightening had started. I had a good few bites but I was fishing large hooks hoping for a gummy later on. The squid were only small.

tjp

Postby tjp Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am

Hi orangeplatties best time is normally 2-3 hours and an hour after high tide best the water us clearer than at low tide and tide time I use PORT PHILIP HEADS TIME (POINT LONSDALE) and add around 2 1/2 hours plus one hour for daylight saving, but sometimes weather can play a part and maybe a bit different, hope this helps.

Return to “Port Phillip Bay”