Online Shopping MRFISHO

Blue Fin Westernport

General discussions on game fishing methods & techniques.

Moderator: mrfisho

mrfisho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blue Fin Westernport

Postby mrfisho Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:54 am

So has anyone here been out chasing the Bluefin out front of Flinders ?

Cheers
Mick

skifalls
Fisho
Fisho

Re: Blue Fin Westernport

Postby skifalls Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Mick, I was out on Saturday chasing kings and it was very very busy from Hastings. We saw birds diving and small, say 2 foot silver shadows everywhere in the water but not sure what they were. Location was 10-15 mtrs out front of picnic point near the Schank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheaterparts

Re: Blue Fin Westernport

Postby cheaterparts Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Three of us headed out by kayak on Sat the 11th
Shane , Leejo and myself we launched Flinders Ocean side just under the Golf Coarse around 8.30 am there were quite a few boats out the front trolling around we could see as we set up and trundled out
once out of the Marine park we set up trolling our way out I picked up a snook about 60 cm in about 30 meters and a short time latter a 38 cm slimey Mack -- Leejo still nothing and shane well on his way to Tassie - we did catch up with shane he was rebuilding his motor ( replacing a drive chain in his Hobies Mirage drive ) Shanes a machine and breaks the pedal drive a lot most parts are modified stronger in his unit but it still breaks anyway it did the job and he was off again

we got out to a bit over 50 meters and by now even bait balls had dried up - there were more in closer

I radioed Shane he was out at 60 meters he also with no results and said he'ed call if things changed -- He didn't call back ! so I guessed not much changed out there

Leejo and myself turned toward Cape Shank and was working a bit of a zig zag pattern working back in shallower but my partner in crime was getting buggered and a little sea sick so we stopped trolling and did a bit of micro jigging that was a bit of fun with both of us getting hook up of Wrasse ( some big ones to ) Couta , Scorpion Cod , Gurnard and it was good to have some kind of action after a lot of trolling for very little

after probably 3/4 of and hour Leejo was feeling better - a bit of a rest break helped and we paddled back to the launch site back on the beach around 3 pm - we covered 22 km and the conditions were mint on the water just a shortage of fish

later report from shane he did no good ether

the report from the kayak guys down at Portland only 1 Tuna caught over the W/E a 93 cm fish

so it's hard work chasing them with a paddle but that's the challenge

Return to “Game Fishing”