Online Shopping MRFISHO

Clifton Springs News

General Fishing Reports for Port Phillip Bay
King George fisho

Re: Clifton Springs News

Postby King George fisho Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:53 pm

Any action at the mussel farms? How many size pinkies did u end up catching? Would rather catch Smaller pinkies than the bigger ones

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Any action at the mussel farms? How many size pinkies did u end up catching? Would rather catch Smaller pinkies than the bigger ones
5 keepers but threw back another 10.

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm

5 keepers but threw back another 10.
Don't know about the farms - all from close to channel markers - took a while to sound them !

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:12 pm

:D Finally,first decent red for the season 80 cms from the channel Sunday morning. :D
Took and unweighted whole squid Went dead after 7 am. Lots of small undersize pinkies and flatties around.
Still very hit and miss at the moment, heaps of burley seems to help.

I did do some soundings after the netters were near the turning buoy late last week. Definitely not as much there after them!

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:45 pm

:( Slim Pickens today! Few fish all undersize, @ ramp nobody did much better ! Tried the channel, the paddock & spoil grounds 3am -9am. Where's the big reds from last week? :?:

stormin

Postby stormin Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:03 pm

:( Slim Pickens today! Few fish all undersize, @ ramp nobody did much better ! Tried the channel, the paddock & spoil grounds 3am -9am. Where's the big reds from last week? :?:
Its that easterly wind :? Was going to go out today but glad i didnt,didnt know anyone that did alright today.

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:22 pm

Netters were out last week on the turning buoy again, They were at it for over 6 hrs. Definitely affecting catches!
Spend 6 hours out on Thursday for nothing but under size pinkies and flatties. Went up to channel near Pt Richards just before I came in around 10AM and got some good sounding but too late by them, tide had changed @ 8. :(
I'm not used to such slow action. Seems it's very hit and miss at the moment 10900
Enjoy Christmas

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Apparently been a few whiting aroud Clifton springs lately. With those netters working out at the turn I'm guessing that those silver whiting are gone

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Netters were out last week on the turning buoy again, They were at it for over 6 hrs. Definitely affecting catches!
Spend 6 hours out on Thursday for nothing but under size pinkies and flatties. Went up to channel near Pt Richards just before I came in around 10AM and got some good sounding but too late by them, tide had changed @ 8. :(
I'm not used to such slow action. Seems it's very hit and miss at the moment 10900
Enjoy Christmas
Should try the mussle beds dunworken you get flathead, pinkies and there should be snapper and gummies around there

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Fished off there yesterday got 10 squid 7 flathead and 2 whiting

Return to “Port Phillip Bay”