Online Shopping MRFISHO

Bellarine Reports

General Fishing Reports for Port Phillip Bay
Kolomanski

Re: Bellarine Reports

Postby Kolomanski Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 pm

Went out on Thursday and got 10 good whiting, a good sized leather jacket and a nice flattie all off St. Leonard's near the Historic Wreck (yellow pole) marker, about 1.5 km south west of the ramp. Next day got four good whiting in 1 and half hours then on Monday the whiting were off the bite but got a few good squid. All on squid. Best time is 2 hours either side of high tide. The whiting are biting solidly and will hook up on circle hooks.

When you are drifting with squid lures be sure to give the rod a few lifts every so often as this was when I caught squid. Best area is out from the ramp drift from the green marker pole to about 2.5metres depth.

stormin

Postby stormin Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:00 pm

Launched at queenscliff and fished the end of the run out tide left of the harbour,the whitting were going nuts!Very aggressive bites,all whiting inbetween 36cm to 40 cm ended up with 15.Went for squid near the coles channel and got 4 also hooked a massive flathead on a squid jig only to loose it near the boat :x Never seen anything like it...It swallowed the whole jig!Bait used was pippie and frozen squid.
Fished in to the run out tide and got a couple here and there but the end of the run out was very productive.
Also i stayed away from the crowds....plenty of good patches out there just need to move around till you find them.

J.R

Postby J.R Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 am

Launched Geelong West ramp last Thursday at 6 for an overnighter with my 11 year old. Planted ourselves just on the channel edge near Alcoa jetty. Heaps of small flatties and a couple of banjo were the order up to around midnight when I thought I should move in a little closer to shore so the little fella could get some sleep.
1 rod in no probes, second rod was buckled and twisted around 2 more lines. Woke the beast by giving it a yank. 330 yards of 30 lb braid and 60 lb leader. 11 year old was holding onto the rod with all his might as I cut the other lines. Fought my way to the front of the boat as she was steaming towards shallow water, then I got reefer. She had me down to the backing and I was just about to start to get some line back in.
11 year old son was wide awake and grinning from ear to ear. I would have loved to get it to the boat but that's life and one of the biggest best runs I have ever had.
Finished up at the ramp at 8 am for bacon and eggs. Nice

rodders1512

Postby rodders1512 Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:46 pm

Went out off Clifton Springs for the first time in ages on Saturday afternoon for a quick squid run, picked up a good feed with hoods to 38cm - got my pb for that area and beat it 5 mins later.

Spent about 30 mins (not enough I know) with eel and squid heads out in the hope of a gummy after reports that they'd been firing in the area - but not even a touch.

Quick shout out to a bloke who'd just arrived back at the ramp in his stacer 645 with missus and kids (didn't catch his name), who gave me a run down on what colours to avoid. Got an immediate follow on second cast on my normal favourite for that area, but very tentative. Would have switched to his colours and likely wasted an hour, so was very happy when I went left field and picked up 5 quick one's before changing tact. Cheers!!

Out again this Saturday hopefully - ping me if anyone else is heading out off the springs.

Rod.

Dunworken

Postby Dunworken Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:15 pm

What colours are working?
Will give it a try saturday weather should be good

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:11 pm

How deep were u rod they have been getting the squid quite deep out of springs lately got 10 bout a month ago in 7-8 metres of water

rodders1512

Postby rodders1512 Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:44 am

Keimura 2.5 in pink did most of the damage (early arvo - clear sky), but as per the rule also picked up a couple on a red foil toward dusk on way back in from channel.

Typically stick to naturals or white.

Back in May when I was last out you could see the bottom clearly in 5m depth (clearest I've ever seen it) and found that day that they were holding in 5-7 metres. All other times around the 2-3m mark has produced.

PM me for further deets, and let me know if you're heading out Saturday if you want to compare notes on where they're holding.

brenton
Fisho
Fisho

Postby brenton Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:43 am

29t 30t sephia n red jig in overcast, been working all year on the werribee side of the bay

Sent from my D2005 using Tapatalk

stormin

Postby stormin Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:57 pm

went out off queenscliff today,squid were very finicky manage to scrape a couple after 3 hours and spoke to a bloke at the boat ramp that bagged out after fishing all day for them....Got 12 whitting all over 40cm all fish caught within 30 mins...did lots of moves and didnt get a bite at any spots apart from the lucky spot.Very hard fishing today considering high barometer and being a new moon with westerly wind!

King George fisho

Postby King George fisho Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:00 am

Caught 5 squid off Clifton springs Saturday. Also heard a 6kg snapper was being cleaned before we came in

Return to “Port Phillip Bay”