Online Shopping MRFISHO

silly of the week nominations!

Charity for the dumb :)
intrepid

silly of the week nominations!

Postby intrepid Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:05 pm

My nomination for silly of the week goes to an accountant friend. Got a new $800 phone to take fishing with u beaut camera inside. Got very excited landing first snapper of the day. Phone in top pocket. Netting the fish. Slip....................over the side! Wonders if it's a warranty claim. Lots of snapper queuing up on sea bottom to take happy snaps in deep water off Welshpool! ;)

recurveron

Re: silly of the week nominations!

Postby recurveron Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Ouch that hurts

weekend warrior

Postby weekend warrior Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Ouch... Poor bugger. Get him onto kogan.com.au... They have cracker deals on mobiles. They've also got a 55 inch 3d led tell for 800bucks...

Michae l

Postby Michae l Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm

OK i am am gunna nominate myself for this one
Launched at Altona, 3.15 am Last Saturday Morning
I was the deckie on my mates boat, he had just spent days getting the trailer into order.
He backed the boat in, i was to drive the trailer away and park it,
Well as i was driving up the ramp, i sorta cut the corner to sharply, there was 5 large posts placed on the concrete curve,
I managed to connect with all 5, the trailer was on a 45 degree angle with the right hand wheel (less the mudguard) half way up one of the post

PS Thanks to the blokes who helped me lift it off

mono

Postby mono Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm

My nominations are x3 ...... envelope opens and reads, Frankston Police! Jetskiers! and disobedient people.3 times i've fished Frankston pier and kids bomb the water right where I'm fishing.Then patience runs out after asking I recieved a go ! GF ! :( :( Ah the Police will help, ......... no they did'nt after 2 hours still no show.Then its jetskiers who fly around the pier "look at me look at me" they stay inside from the top of the pier and get very close to the pier.I have no idea of their regulations but surely what I see is illegal.It sucks I pay money to fish I travel 50 K's plus and can't fish.Please bring on the end of the holidays so I can be at piece, when I fish.

Mr. Smokey

Postby Mr. Smokey Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 pm

3 times i've fished Frankston pier and kids bomb the water right where I'm fishing.Then patience runs out after asking I recieved a go ! GF ! :( :( Ah the Police will help, ......... no they did'nt after 2 hours still no show.
Can't agree more. Bloody kids enjoying themselves during the school holidays on a hot day jumping off one of the most popular piers in Melbourne and actually doing some physical exercise like swimming. Someone should put an end to it. If they were mine, I would tell them to get back inside the house and keep to their playstations and Wiii's (or whatever the damn things are). Bah Humbug!!!!!

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-- Rule One (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)
Leeson

Postby Leeson Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Haha well said Trev!
Matt

Fishing floats my boat!
mono

Postby mono Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:23 pm

The actvity itself is fine yes for kids but it needs to be by law carried out at the right allowed! location.A kid died at Mordy because he smacked his head on the timbers and died.One of the many reasons there I think that such an activty should be stopped by the police.There are signs up on the pier.Ban jet skies and also those that are blind........ cant see a rod infront of them.Too busy on those Wifi things eh!

Mr. Smokey

Postby Mr. Smokey Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:19 am

Mono, no argument about "me and moi cuzzins" on the jet skis if they are in the wrong area and being knob heads. The signs for "no jumping" etc are to protect the Council because as sure as eggs don't have bums, someone will get hurt and then decide that they need to be compensated for being an idiot (like the drunk bloke at Echuca a few years back who successfully sued the Council because there was a log in the river).

It is a truism that life is fatal, nobody gets out of it alive (although I am sure I had some paperwork to say I had an exemption). My theory it is breathing oxygen that causes most of it - everyone I know who has breathed it has eventually died, so it must be the cause.

Youngsters have been jumping off piers, into dams/channels/rivers for squillions of years. As kids for us it was the Yarra at Warrandyte. Sure, Geoff hit a log and became a paraplegic but that was him and it would never happen to us. No idea how I wasn't drowned jumping off the pier at San Remo with that rip running. We need to keep the cotton wool for the bandages not wrapping the kids up so they may not hurt themselves. While they are having fun they are not getting pissed, thumping each other or others or generally being pains in the dates. Bloody nuisance if you are fishing but so are the divers at Rosebud or Hastings when I am after squid.

Y'all have a safe and prosperous new year y'hear :) :)

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

-- Rule One (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)
hookatex

Postby hookatex Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Mono, no argument about "me and moi cuzzins" on the jet skis if they are in the wrong area and being knob heads. The signs for "no jumping" etc are to protect the Council because as sure as eggs don't have bums, someone will get hurt and then decide that they need to be compensated for being an idiot (like the drunk bloke at Echuca a few years back who successfully sued the Council because there was a log in the river).

It is a truism that life is fatal, nobody gets out of it alive (although I am sure I had some paperwork to say I had an exemption). My theory it is breathing oxygen that causes most of it - everyone I know who has breathed it has eventually died, so it must be the cause.

Youngsters have been jumping off piers, into dams/channels/rivers for squillions of years. As kids for us it was the Yarra at Warrandyte. Sure, Geoff hit a log and became a paraplegic but that was him and it would never happen to us. No idea how I wasn't drowned jumping off the pier at San Remo with that rip running. We need to keep the cotton wool for the bandages not wrapping the kids up so they may not hurt themselves. While they are having fun they are not getting pissed, thumping each other or others or generally being pains in the dates.
Bloody nuisance if you are fishing but so are the divers at Rosebud or Hastings when I am after squid.

Y'all have a safe and prosperous new year y'hear :) :)
Here here Trev

Lone Star Marine
Drum Winches & Accessories
www.lonestarmarine.com.au
0409 132 173

Return to “Dobbers Corner”