Online Shopping MRFISHO

marine stereo

Charity for the dumb :)
Briggsy

Re: marine stereo

Postby Briggsy Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 pm

G'day everyone.

I would like to start with a thank you to everyone who gave me some advice. I ended up with Lowrance Sonic Hub. Took me 2 days to fit and get running properly.

First problem couldn't get Hub to power up. The wiring diagram isnt that easy to follow before i wired it up. After wiring it up it is. Everything connect hub would not power up. After research the yellow wire coming out of the sounder needed to be connected directly to the yellow wire out of the hub. Problem solved. Could now get the radio. Connected the aerial to the bow rail as Triman mentioned(thankyou). Without a multi meter GOOD LUCK.

Next problem could not get the docking station to recognize the Ipod/Iphone, and the USB stick. After some more research, found that I had to update the firmware. Followed the instuction from the Lowrance web. Bing.

Now my boat has music very happy. :D

Thanks to Toadie for the demo in shop.

MrBucko

Postby MrBucko Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 pm

I have a sonic hub Briggsy it's great. There's a input for the radio aerial wire on the hub all you need to do is purchase the aerial lead supplied and plug in. Don't know about the phone operation if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or PM me.

Briggsy

Postby Briggsy Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm

I have a sonic hub Briggsy it's great. There's a input for the radio aerial wire on the hub all you need to do is purchase the aerial lead supplied and plug in. Don't know about the phone operation if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or PM me.
Yes i have use that input on the back of the Sonic Hub and connected the other end of the aerial lead to the bow rail.

I am of the understanding that when the phone rings the music stops, and you have to get phone out to answer it. Or if you have a blue tooth device you can answer whilst the phone is in the docking station. This info came directly from Lowrance tech help.

toadie

Postby toadie Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:09 pm

good to see you got it all figured out briggsy, and you have answered my own question about sonic hub and the phone.

will look into a sonic hub system myself soon i reckon

Return to “Dobbers Corner”