New boat

Boat and Bits Wanted
Motors, Parts and Boats-
Please See Trading Room Rules Before Posting

Moderator: mrfisho

Jamie_fisho

New boat

Postby Jamie_fisho Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am

So one of my mates is after his first rig but his unsure of what to get... His budget is up to 20k... And his not after the generic quinnie,stacer is there anyone out there who knows any really good bank for your buck boats

Chief Brody

Re: New boat

Postby Chief Brody Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 am

Sounds like my wife, knows what she doesn’t want but doesn’t know what she does want.

Got a better brief? Why don’t ‘generic’ boats, which suit a lot a people, fit the bill for this bloke? What does he want that they don’t have?

Jamie_fisho

Postby Jamie_fisho Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 am

Mostly I think it's cause I have a 5.5m stacer and his been out in enough times to know that he doesn't want one of them... Based on how they handle and room... His now looking at mako crafts and trail crafts
We're basically just after any input if any one ones other makes that are good bank for your buck

Ekaz

Postby Ekaz Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:25 am

So you guys are looking for something around the 6 metre plus size ( that takes care of the room issue )

As far as handling what did he not like, speed , manoverability, stability, or noise ????

Jamie_fisho

Postby Jamie_fisho Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Mainly were just after any input on different boat makes out there that's all bud... Just wanna see what else is out there

blacklab

Postby blacklab Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:42 pm

hi Jamie,
listen it depends what he wants to do with it, does he only want to fish local, or does he want to be able to get out amongst the tuna at Portland ?

I wanted both, so I went for an old cruise craft reef finder, reason, only 5.4 mtrs, but as much room as a lot of 6 mtrs boats,, good for the bay, but can go chase some tuna, can have as small as a 115 hp on the back.
theres heaps of different types of boats out there, but the end use is one of the biggies as to what make you choose.
I see on anther thread, there's a webster twin hull for sale in the 20's range, now ive been in one of these and they really punch above there size, plenty of fishing room in them....
so let us know his use, then im sure you'll get heaps of opinions....

cheers
colin

aok47

Postby aok47 Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:50 pm

you may have already done this...

jump on boatpoint, put in the size of boat and +/- $5K of your budget.

Start sifting through and look at pics to see if anything takes your fancy.

The other thing to do is go to 2ndhand boat yards and look around at models/etc.

Cheers

AK

Jamie_fisho

Postby Jamie_fisho Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Mainly will be a bay boat but on those good days we've been taking my boat offshore so I'm tipping he will be doing the same... We're looking at a 5m cuddly cab mako craft over the weekend does anyone no much about them

Ekaz

Postby Ekaz Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 am

Jamie you are on the road to insanity mate, stick to what your original brief was, if a 5.5 is too small how will there ever be enough room a 5 m boat. I know it sounds anal but make a list of what is wanted in the new boat, then divide it into must have and nice to haves. There are heaps of options out there and you will go mad trying to look at them all. Once you nail down boats you like I am sure there will be ppl on here with experience with each type. All the best in your search

Jamie_fisho

Postby Jamie_fisho Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:56 pm

I don't no if you read my first posts the boat isn't actually for me I own a 5.5m stacer... And after looking at the 5m cuddy mako craft I'm certain there is more room in there... We have nailed it down already we have only been after input on any other boat makes out there but cheers for the input

Return to “Boat and Bits Wanted”