Online Shopping MRFISHO

Fish Attractants

Anything Plastics

Moderator: mrfisho

triman
Fisho
Fisho

Postby triman Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:27 pm

Several rumours abound about the yabbie. One is that they don't actually like putrid meat, rather that they are trying to push it away from their own mudhole. The other of course is that like lawyers, (oops, I could be offending someone here) and politicians they're attracted to rotting flesh. In either case it'sgone in a short while.

fishnships

Postby fishnships Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:34 am

Several rumours abound about the yabbie. One is that they don't actually like putrid meat, rather that they are trying to push it away from their own mudhole. The other of course is that like lawyers, (oops, I could be offending someone here) and politicians they're attracted to rotting flesh. In either case it'sgone in a short while.
To say that these buggers are herbivores just shows you that alot of people like to preach their own religion and do not base their knowledge on facts. They seem to have a fairy tale imagination.

I understand that many crustaceans are herbivores, but that would be a minor percentage of them. Crustaceans are majorily omnivores or we can call them plain scavangers.

Cherax destructor like all other in that Genus are omnivores, meaning they have no preference in their diet. They can be seen eating rotten leaves, manuere and also a dead corpses.

I have caught many of these marvellous creatures and seen there voracity against live fish. These were retained in a metal mesh keep net and to my knowledge their has never been a day that they have not eaten some of the fish. Could of been a revenge too, because some of the fish had eaten some of their relatives. Who knows..........?

As for the politicians or the king of the thieves, ummm... sorry, lawyers, well they would be a nice attractant if targeting yabbies.

Yoyo

Plastics

Postby Yoyo Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:45 am

For some time now I have used pipe cleaners to keep attractant on my lures.Cut the pipe cleaner to 2cm lengths and loosely loop through the split ring or through the tie on point of your plastic, the pipe cleaner holds the additive for a long time. This is not a plug but have had very good results with Ultrabite saltwater.

Pisces_Australis

Postby Pisces_Australis Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:03 am

Welcome to the site YoYo.
Good tip there.
Are we related.........we look the same :lol: :lol:

cheers ian
www.australisdigitalart.com.au
ecofreak

Postby ecofreak Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 am

would the earplug not effect the way the lure or jig swims, I think I will just stick to the spray, if the fish still hit a bright yellow earplug attatched to a lure or jig then what difference would a piece of seaweed make, I spend extra time trying to make my lure and jig look natural in the water, a yellow earplug wont do this.

Return to “Plastics”