Postby linchpin75 Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:38 pm

Paul I;ve not tried dropshoting

I'll duck into a tackle shot and see if they can show me how it works

cheers Adam

snappa_attacka
Fisho
Fisho

Postby snappa_attacka Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:27 pm

You could use a rig that is similar to patternoster rig, has anybody here tried dropshoting. It is a simple and effective way to keep you SP on the bottom, dropshot sinkers are a crimpon typ of sinker that can be adjusted up and down the line to put you SP where ever you like in the water colomn with out it floating to the surface.
Hi Paul,
Dropstoting, Yes I did think of that as a technique that you might be able to use, just like deep water metal jigging, allot alike a some use with great success in WA or even New Zealand. I don't know many that have used it with success in WP, so I just wrote that one off as an often misuderstood technique to use. Now if you were in Japan, thats a whole different story. Man they love dropshoting there don't they.
Or they coud just use a paternoster rig with one dropper on it so as not to get to technical.
Deep water jigging on plastics with heavy weights being used or metal jigs is very hard work. Not for the faint hearted, blood pressure problems, bad back or unfit fishos to use. Damned hard work jigging properly. You know yourself how easy it is to cast sp's around all day and not really get that fatigued. But jigging in deep water is painful after a short time. Well for me anyway, cause my back is stuffed.
I think that everyone should probably have a go at it sometime in their fishing lifetime, I think everyone should be aware of the pain that also comes with it, and they will only know by doing it for themselves.
I don't know about you but it seems to me that fishing techniques are becoming to over the top with techniques be used that have become a fisho's nightmare with different ones to use all the time. Allot of us fishos in general are losing site in what the sport is all about, and in doing so when we try to explain various ways to fish certain areas that they are actually turning people off from fishing..
regards
Nick

magpies

Postby magpies Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:28 am

Noting bits fresh bait for me in open waters " :!: " but someone uses Plasics gets the fish goodluck for them.
Cheers Nick the Turk

Return to “Plastics”