Online Shopping MRFISHO

inmporting boats and outboards from america

Got some great boating tips .. Maybe an easier way to help save those bearing's .. General Boating idea's.

Moderator: mrfisho

big cods

Re: inmporting boats and outboards from america

Postby big cods Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 am

heres a site that might interest you. http://www.yachtauctions.com/inventory.php?sortby=state

big cods

Postby big cods Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 am

I think the prices on that site are only guides, think you can make any offer.

Tartankangaroo

Postby Tartankangaroo Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am

Makojumper - Call Tony at Boatworld 0421 335 500. Alternatively, check out his webiste www.boatworld.net.au. get the info from the horses mouth so to speak.

Wanikiba

Postby Wanikiba Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:44 am

nah just a walkaround 24ft of any kind. im looking into the 1996 -2000 bodies. better suited and cheaper for me
I looked at importing a Trophy 1802 recently.
My research found (if you are considering Trophy), post 2000 models in the Trophy range have fibreglass stringers, which helps given Quarantine authorities might want to inspect the timber in the hull. Plus you won't have rot issues. They are a much better built boat as Brunswick Corporation took over construction in 2000.

To save on shipping costs, a Trophy 1802 will fit in a shipping container, and is well under the 2.5m Vicroads limit.

You can't bring in a trailer without an import permit, they will send your consignment back if you don't have this. If this is your first time, use a consultant or broker as mentioned and get comfortable with the process, that way you won't get caught out.

Landing costs, not sure if US free trade agreement helps much but expect to pay GST on boat motor trailer and shipping costs. Quarantine inspection costs and stevedoring charges will be applicable in addition to the shipping fee. A consultant or broker.

Good luck.

Ben_4

Postby Ben_4 Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:59 am

What was the cost of a trophy landed here in the end. I have an 02 1802 and it's great wouldn't mind the bigger one though.

BaysideMarine

Postby BaysideMarine Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:37 pm

With the low Aussie dollar it would be questionable whether its worth the effort anymore?

Wanikiba

Postby Wanikiba Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm

With the low Aussie dollar it would be questionable whether its worth the effort anymore?
I never ended up bothering. Decided to stick with a Haines Hunter, although I really liked the layout of the Trophy. The local market in Australia has some second hand boats for sale that are far better priced than I could possibly land one in Australia for. For example I found a boat for approx 24K AUD when dollar was at 90c vs US, I figured landed in Australia it would be around the 32K mark after trailer alterations and registration etc. you can find them in Australia sub 30K....

BaysideMarine

Postby BaysideMarine Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:33 pm

There's a small boatyard in Carrum Downs that has a nice Trophy which I believe they have been trying to sell for a while no around the 30K mark I believe. I think there's a lot of US boats that the owners will end up losing on due to so many that flooded the country.

Return to “Boating Tips”